Thursday, January 20, 2011

Battle of the Bed

On Monday I was stomach sick and stayed home from work. Our power went out in the morning, so I had a good excuse to invite the dogs up on the bed with me.

Little did I know that I would start an all out war.

Ella, ever the instigator, got things started.

Photobucket

Roland mounted a counterattack...

Photobucket

... but Ella was quick to squash it.

Photobucket

Eventually our combatants started to tire, clutching and grabbing like boxers.

Photobucket

Ella basked in her victory - or maybe it was the sunlight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While Roland buried his head in defeat.

Photobucket

One important note: no animals were harmed in any way in the creation of this blog post! Roland looks like a lunatic in the one picture where he's mouthing Ella, but neither dog did any harm to the other, and I was ready to step in if either dog got too rough. For what it's worth, if one dog takes it too far, it's usually Ella!

1 comment: